- RSS Channel Showcase 7852896
- RSS Channel Showcase 7198464
- RSS Channel Showcase 9834362
- RSS Channel Showcase 8439657
Articles on this Page
- 03/11/12--09:00: _Real Simple
- 05/25/12--06:42: _Tiny Tack House
- 10/12/15--03:00: _Experience the Tiny...
- 07/05/16--03:00: _Llamalopolis, an Ur...
- 08/21/16--05:30: _Living Tiny Legally...
- 08/23/16--05:30: _Tiny House Expediti...
- 08/31/16--03:00: _Tiny House History,...
- 10/04/16--03:00: _Much More Than a Tr...
- 10/16/16--03:00: _The Big Adventures ...
- 12/13/16--03:00: _Tiny House Adventur...
- 01/29/17--08:10: _2016, An Epic (Not-...
- 04/04/17--03:00: _NEW Educational Doc...
- 04/11/17--03:00: _New, Must-Read Chil...
- 05/19/17--09:05: _Creating Tiny Home ...
- 05/26/17--03:00: _Tiny House Festival...
- 06/09/17--00:00: _Tiny House Roadtrip...
- 06/23/17--02:03: _The Tiny House Comm...
- 07/06/17--10:57: _Tiny Living from a ...
- 07/21/17--00:01: _Just-Right Tiny Liv...
- 08/04/17--02:56: _Off Grid Tiny House...
- 03/11/12--09:00: Real Simple
- 05/25/12--06:42: Tiny Tack House
- 10/12/15--03:00: Experience the Tiny House Jamboree
- 07/05/16--03:00: Llamalopolis, an Urban Tiny Living Oasis
- 08/21/16--05:30: Living Tiny Legally, An Educational Documentary Series
- 08/23/16--05:30: Tiny House Expedition Radio, Episode 1
- 10/04/16--03:00: Much More Than a Trailer
- 10/16/16--03:00: The Big Adventures of Tiny House
- 12/13/16--03:00: Tiny House Adventures with Cody & Randi
- 01/29/17--08:10: 2016, An Epic (Not-So Tiny) Year of Adventure
- 04/04/17--03:00: NEW Educational Documentary, “Living Tiny Legally, Part 2”
- 04/11/17--03:00: New, Must-Read Children’s Book, “The Big Adventures of Tiny House”
- 05/19/17--09:05: Creating Tiny Home Community in our NIMBY World
- 05/26/17--03:00: Tiny House Festival Season is HERE Again!
- 06/09/17--00:00: Tiny House Roadtrippin’ for a Purpose
- 06/23/17--02:03: The Tiny House Community of Bend, Oregon
- 07/06/17--10:57: Tiny Living from a Kid’s Perspective
- 07/21/17--00:01: Just-Right Tiny Living in The Lucky Linden
- 08/04/17--02:56: Off Grid Tiny House Living in Western Wyoming
A reporter reflects on the Tiny House Movement By Sarah Protzman Howlett I’ve always, always loved small spaces. As a kid, I’d scoop up my dolls, Walkman, blanket and pillow, and move into the half-bathroom, settling into the tub with a Beverly Cleary book. It sounds silly, but it was freedom: I could fit every thing [...]
by Malissa Tack A short story of how we came to build our very own Tiny House. It all started with a meeting at the Apple Store. My husband Chris, while at work, had a chance encounter with a very adventurous lady. She tells him about this idea she has for living small, Chris is [...]
Tiny House Expedition captures the essence of the Tiny House Jamboree 2015 experience. The tiny house tribe takes over Colorado Springs for an inspiring, epic weekend. Featuring highlights from this historic tiny house community gathering. Over 35,000 attendees flocked from for all 50 states & many countries, to learn, connect & build community during this 3-day
Ten thousand miles into our exploratory tiny house road trip, we found ourselves in the infamous Sin City. Along with the dancing neon lights and innumerable casinos, downtown Vegas hosts many bustling small businesses, especially at the magnificent Container Park, countless brightly colored murals and seen strolling down streets are locals and tourists alike, even families. The
Living Tiny Legally is a three part documentary series, created by filmmakers Alexis Stephens (that’s me!) and Christian Parsons of Tiny House Expedition, with the help of co-producer and Tiny House Collaborative member, Kai Rostcheck. It provides an in-depth, inside look into how a handful of cities from all over the country are making legal tiny […]
On the Road and In Community with Alexis & Christian Tiny House Expedition Radio brings you the latest in tiny house movement news and happenings, broadcast live from inside a tiny house. This is more than a radio show; it’s an interactive grassroots conversation about the tiny house movement, led by those who know it […]
Episode 3: Tiny House Advocacy Party in Vermont with Lisa Kuneman A grassroots conversation starter! Long-time housing advocate, Lisa Kuneman, knows the importance of mixing conversation starters on complex issues with a good party. Enter the upcoming Tiny House Fest Vermont. It’s more than a festival. It’s a community-wide conversation on the many approaches and benefits of tiny housing […]
Custom Tiny House Trailer (Foundation) Manufacturer, Tiny House Advocates & Fun-Loving People Four years ago, Trailer Made Trailers fell into the tiny house industry through an unexpected trailer request from a new builder, Byron Fears of Simblissity Tiny Homes. Since then, they have become the leading tiny house trailer manufacturer in United States. Owners, Natalie and Damon have completely […]
What Do a Traveling Tiny House, a New Children’s Book & a Tiny House Village have in Common? Find out in a recent episode of Tiny House Expedition Radio! Eight months ago in southern California, Christian and I first met Kevin Polk and his life partner and children’s author, Susan Bernardo. It was the beginning […]
Our close friends Cody and Randi Hennigan of The Best Little House in Texas recently joined us for some good ol’ fashioned story swapping on what it’s like to travel and live very visibly in a tiny house. As regular tiny house travelers, not many can relate to life on the road like Cody, Randi, Christian and I […]
Tiny House Expedition's Best Experiences & Worst Misadventures A tiny house road trip is an extraordinary experience. The ultimate way to spread smiles and start conversations wherever you go. Our traveling home has proven to be our comfy ticket to adventure and a delightful way to meet new people. I absolutely love waking up in new, strange places […]
An Educational Resource for Tiny House Advocates and Policy Makers The much-anticipated next installment of the Living Tiny Legally documentary series recently debuted at the Georgia Tiny House Festival and is now available online. Part 2 explores the benefits of tiny housing, examines the need for building standards and how current codes can be updated to be more […]
One year ago, my partner Christian and I had a serendipitous meeting with author Susan Bernardo. It all began with our tiny house road trip to Ojai, CA, to film their planning commission meeting on adding tiny houses on wheels to their ADU ordinance. Also there was artist/tiny houser Dominique Moody. I shared with her how much I was […]
So you want to start a tiny house community...The world of development is complicated, doubly so for non-traditional concepts or even for projects labeled 'affordable housing'. These kinds of developments raise concerns about lowering property values, safety, community aesthetics, etc. Welcome to the reality of NIMBY (not in my backyard) criticism. Community education is often the first […]
14 Events, 100+ Tiny Houses AND a Whole Lot of FunNot that long ago, experiencing a tiny house in-person was a rare occurrence. Today is flourishing era for the movement, brimming with small grass-roots, regional and national event opportunities. The next six months are jam-packed with tiny home festivals, and they are popping up all over […]
Tiny House Expedition Travels to Document the Revolutionary Tiny House MovementAlexis Stephens (that's me!) and Christian Parsons are filmmakers, tiny house dwellers and and perhaps the most traveled tiny house couple. Together we are on an extraordinary journey with a purpose across North America with their DIY tiny home wheels. We have logged over 27,000 […]
Central Oregon is brimming with self-starters, alternative lifestyles and every kind of outdoor activity you can imagine. So it is no surprise that the tiny house movement is flourishing here. On our recent tiny house road trip stop to the area, we quickly became fully immersed in Central Oregonian life. Think hikes and brewery visits for […]
Grown-ups love to rave about the benefits of tiny living. They can go on and on about the joys of building your own home, the freedoms that simple living provides, etc. More and more families are choosing to downsize into tiny houses. But how do the kids feel about it?I sat down with my ten year […]
Two Videos and a Tiny House Love StoryIf a tiny home is like a self-portrait, then a DIY tiny home is perhaps the most accurate portraiture. One that showcases all the best aspects of the owner/builder's personality, style, lifestyle preferences and with a few slight imperfections that add genuine character. The illustrious Meg Stephens built her tiny […]
Two Videos and a Real-World Look at Off Grid LifeMeet Ariel McGlothin, a fiercely independent off-grid tiny house dweller in the wondrous mountains of western Wyoming. Her tiny home is called Fy Nyth, Welsh for "my nest". Ariel relishes her peaceful surroundings and homesteading experience. For her, it's a very fulfilling life, but it's not what […]