- RSS Channel Showcase 8183165
- RSS Channel Showcase 1549522
- RSS Channel Showcase 8239631
- RSS Channel Showcase 2483879
Articles on this Page
- 09/01/17--00:08: _The Tiny Tack House...
- 09/15/17--00:00: _Going Places, A Tin...
- 10/13/17--00:00: _A Heart-Warming Tin...
- 11/02/17--22:53: _How-To Guide (Video...
- 12/15/17--00:00: _Newly Approved Lake...
- 12/22/17--10:36: _A Very Special Tiny...
- 12/29/17--00:00: _Tiny House Pioneers...
- 01/12/18--00:00: _Mega Tiny Home Comm...
- 01/25/18--21:06: _Choosing the Right ...
- 02/09/18--00:00: _HELP Make Tiny Hous...
- 03/09/18--00:00: _Tiny House Road Lif...
- 03/23/18--00:00: _7 Ways to Enjoy the...
- 04/06/18--00:00: _Call-To-Action: Adv...
- 04/13/18--00:00: _Zack Giffin’s Tiny ...
- 04/19/18--21:06: _Tiny House Festival...
- 05/04/18--00:00: _Music for Tiny Home...
- 05/25/18--00:00: _Searching for the I...
- 06/15/18--00:00: _Live from Tiny Hous...
- 08/31/18--00:00: _Tiny Houses AND Hou...
- 09/14/18--00:00: _Colorado’s Tiny Hou...
- 09/01/17--00:08: The Tiny Tack House Urban Homestead
- 09/15/17--00:00: Going Places, A Tiny Cohousing Community
- 10/13/17--00:00: A Heart-Warming Tiny House Story from Las Vegas
- 11/02/17--22:53: How-To Guide (Video): Towing a Tiny House on Wheels
- 12/15/17--00:00: Newly Approved Lake Dallas Tiny Home Village
- 12/22/17--10:36: A Very Special Tiny House Story Time
- 12/29/17--00:00: Tiny House Pioneers, Dee Williams and Jay Shafer On-Stage Together!
- 01/12/18--00:00: Mega Tiny Home Communities Coming to Austin
- 01/25/18--21:06: Choosing the Right Appliances for Your Tiny Space
- 02/09/18--00:00: HELP Make Tiny Houses Legal in Oregon!
- 03/09/18--00:00: Tiny House Road Life Reality Check
- 04/06/18--00:00: Call-To-Action: Advocate for Tiny Houses in Baltimore
- 04/13/18--00:00: Zack Giffin’s Tiny House with Hydraulic Lifting Roof
- 04/19/18--21:06: Tiny House Festivals 2018 Road Map
- 05/04/18--00:00: Music for Tiny Home Lovers
- 05/25/18--00:00: Searching for the Ideal Tiny House Village
- 06/15/18--00:00: Live from Tiny Houses Across America
- 09/14/18--00:00: Colorado’s Tiny House Movement, Communities and Resources Galore
If you have ever perused Pinterest or Google images for tiny house inspiration, you have definitely seen the lovely Tiny Tack House. It was built by Chris and Malissa Tack in 2012 before “tiny house” was a well-known term (pre-TV shows). Back then, only a few plans and DIY resources were available. Malissa decided to […]
I want to live in a tiny house community. If I had a nickel for every time I heard this, I could buy a brand-new tiny home. Well, almost. As a nomadic tiny houser, I sometimes form temporary communities. Like this past winter, in my sister’s backyard. This was not your typical family visit. We […]
Las Vegas has been heavy on my heart, and the hearts of many of you readers, the past two weeks. I have several tiny houser friends there and am beyond grateful that none of them were hurt. The senseless loss of life and brutal violence that occurred is utterly devastating. In the face of the […]
The beauty of a movable tiny house is the flexibility it provides its owner. It can be a comfy ticket to adventure or mobile asset, perfect for significant life changes, like getting a new job in a different state. Whether you plan on taking your tiny house on a road trip or just a one-time […]
An urban tiny house pocket neighborhood is a dream come true for many in the movement. Not everyone can be a digital nomad. That’s why proximity to jobs is still necessary for many tiny home dwellers. Most existing tiny house communities are rural or located in hybrid RV parks, not everyone’s cup of tea. The […]
Join several of your favorite tiny housers from the movement and TV for a special story time of The Big Adventures of Tiny House. This is a inspiring story of adventure and community, and most importantly a fresh take on the meaning of home. An old farmhouse reinvents himself. He gets recycled into something new: […]
For the first time ever, Dee Willams and Jay Shafer on-stage together! At the National Tiny House Jamboree this Fall, they sat down to share insights into their personal tiny house stories and into how they’ve seen the tiny house movement and industry evolve. These two early pioneers will leave you motivated to kickstart your […]
Are tiny home communities the next big thing? The movement has gone from obscure to a hot housing trend. It has even made it into the marketing big-leagues; see Andrew Odom’s recent post, Big Business for the Tiny House. Last year I sat down with Jay Shafer, who built his first tiny home in 1999, […]
One of my favorite things about the tiny house movement is there is no one right way to design/build your space. Simply put, what works best for you is what is best for you. Each space is customized by your specific priorities and lifestyle needs. Based on these factors, you decide what square footage is […]
Oregon is often thought of as a tiny house haven. While it’s true that it is home to countless tiny dwellers, a growing number of tiny home communities and numerous builders, Oregon is far from legally tiny house friendly. And most unfortunately, the state is currently caught up in a tremendous conflict between a couple […]
Traveling tiny houses get dirty, no matter how frequently they hit the road. After our first cross-country road trip, from North Carolina to Colorado, our windows looked dingy and mud splattered. The bottom few boards of our siding were grimy, dark and sticky. After each subsequent trip, the road grime slowly climbed higher and higher. […]
You are a tiny house fan, but building or buying one is not in the cards. Maybe you just can’t convince your significant other, or you don’t have the necessary upfront funds. No matter your deterrents for not moving into a tiny house, you can find ways to transform your thinking and current space to […]
Tiny houses could be coming to Baltimore. Now is the time to voice your support. Local advocates, tiny dwellers, and homeowners have been presented with an exciting opportunity to contribute ideas and support of a city council bill proposing an auxiliary dwelling unit, aka ADU, zoning ordinance. City Councilman Ryan Dorsey is leading the effort […]
We recently dusted off our tires of our tiny house to head to the Georgia Tiny House Festival. It was held at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. It turns out tiny houses and race cars make a winning combination. Pushing speed, design, and innovation to their limit. That is precisely what Zack Giffin is doing. At […]
It's the time year again. Flowers are blooming; birds are chirping. And tiny house celebrations are commencing. Long gone are the days of 1-2 scattered festivals per year. Enthusiasts can now choose from a delightful slew of events, stretching from coast to coast. Each one provides attendees with the opportunity to experience a tiny space […]
Are you tiny home superfan? Take your fandom to the next level with music written to celebrate the freedom the tiny lifestyle can create. I put together a road-trippin’ playlist that will inspire you to pursue your simple living dream, as you travel to the next upcoming tiny house festival. Tiny Life Playlist: My Own […]
With more and more people living tiny, the need for parking is at all time high. The desire for community living is on the rise too. Across the nation, more than a dozen cities have become officially tiny-home friendly and communities of tiny homes are cropping up, of varying legal status—everything from intimate backyard co-ops […]
This Father’s Day weekend, join the nationwide celebration of the tiny house movement. The United Tiny House Association (UTHA) and TinyFest are joining forces to create a dynamic festival experience for all tiny enthusiasts across the nation and around the world to celebrate of our shared love for tiny living. Three festivals. Three states. DC/VA […]
Tiny House Atlanta has grown from a Meetup to advocacy powerhouse. It is now a program under the MicroLife Institute, a Georgia non-profit, dedicated to building walkable, sustainable “micro-hood” communities while educating individuals, groups, and cities about the positive impacts of micro living. Together they are setting out to inspire and challenge Georgia and the […]
The tiny house movement in Colorado is booming. Despite limited legal parking opportunities for tiny homes on wheels. But that is changing in a big way, thanks to community developers and local advocates. Their efforts have been aided by all the positive press about the last few years’ exuberant festivals, from the first Tiny House […]